I Can’t Help Myself!

This book doesn’t come out until May, but I couldn’t wait to give a preview.  I had the honor and pleasure of illustrating  the Australian author Mem Fox’s new book. I just got my first copy in the mail today and I am so excited. I love it! It’s crazy! It’s like candy!

For me the process of authoring is full of  pressure, responsibility and a little angst ridden. My fun starts when I can go to final on the art.  That’s a place where I am really comfortable and where I belong,  so illustrating another author’s children’s book (which is something I said I would never do!) was just just fun, fun, fun. I hope you like it too!

Comment on this post.

7 Comments

1. Posted February 17, 2013 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Very exciting for me too, when one of my favourite illustrators and one of my favourite authors collaborate over a book! Hope I can review it.

• Laura Ljungkvist
      Posted February 17, 2013 at 3:02 am | Permalink

Thanx Susan,
      like I said, an honor and a pleasure!

LL

• Posted January 21, 2017 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about baycb-ni-e work!

2. Posted February 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Wahoo. soo cool. Can’t wait to take a peak at this one! well done. xo

• Laura Ljungkvist
      Posted February 17, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Thanx Brooke!
      Hope you will like it.
      LL

3. Elizabeth Franks
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Wonderful!
    Very vivid and engaging!

• Laura Ljungkvist
      Posted February 20, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

I am so glad you like it Elizabeth!
      LL